Monday, May 27, 2013

Death to Life

Riddled and rattled
Beaten and bruised
Bound and broken
Forgotten and feeble

Lost and lonely
Warped and wounded
Dying and dead
Aching and alone

That is what they believe
They turn their eyes from me
They seek not where hope is found
They cry out, but not unto me

I will change them
I will break their chains
I will heal their hearts
I will set them free

I will give them:

Peace and prosperity
Hope and help
Life and light
Wisdom and righteousness

Grace and goodness
Faith and forgiveness
Joy and jubilee
Forgiveness and a future

They will be:

Loved and lifted up
Alive and awakened
Found and fought for
Remade and resurrected

Saved and savored
Renewed and ransomed
Healed and held
Miracles and Mine

2 comments:

  1. The key is to read this while listening to epic music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! That was amazing even without the music!

    ReplyDelete