Saturday, January 5, 2013

Somtimes I Just Need A Friend

           I need someone to hold me. To tell me that everything is going to be okay. I need someone’s shoulder to cry on. I feel like I’m going to stop, to fall. And, I need someone to remind me that I’m not alone on this walk. I need someone to stand by me in my time of peril. I just need a friend.

            Can’t someone please just smile or say something nice? I know life is hard and trying, but all I ask is that someone just be there for me. Please, I just want a friend. I don’t need anything big, just someone to tell me that I’m not crazy, that I’m moving in the right direction, because it so often feels like I live in a state of limbo. And, what are friends for but to give you a nice little shove and remind you who you are. 

For sometimes I feel alone and lost, and then I need someone to tell me that there is more, that I’m not going insane, that it’s real. Because, sometimes I forget. I forget what has happened and I get lost in the confusion of ill emotions and negative thoughts. I need a friend to tell me to get up and stop it. I need someone to remind me that I can rise, that I can live. Really, I just need a nice slap in the face to wake me up from my slumber and to remind me of reality and who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment