Friday, January 11, 2013

The Sea of Glass

           The chaotic sea rages before me in utmost intensity. It fights against itself, wave against wave, while thrashing in disarray; its monstrous power uncontrollably propelled outwards in an overwhelming surge. I watch the sea as it battles aimlessly with itself. From its creation it has raged, and forevermore will it continue to fight a useless war. I cannot stop what it has chosen, it will forever roar in its own impudence because of its decisions, its waves will continue to clash on until its own destruction.
            I sit high upon a rock, watching as it endlessly disputes with itself. This sea of humanity, never will it learn. Never will this sea choose to step out of its own forsaken nature. Always, will it bellow its own profanity. And, never will it relinquish its continuous hate upon my own nature and being.            
            Never did I harm it, I always loved it. For a time even, I stepped down from my high pedestal and walked in the sea. I became as it was and dwelt in it. Yet, it hated me still. There were parts that followed me as I rose back upon my high rock, but still so much is left down below.
            I rise from my seat and look across the formidable sea. I lift up my voice and speak to it, I reach out my hand in hope that it might come, but still the sea rejects me. It’s humanity and tainted features hold it back from perfect union.
            The sea will not come; it chooses to still labor in its own imperfection. Even still, I hold by hand out. Forever and until the end of all days will I extend my hand towards them in hope that some might choose to rise up to be with me upon my rock.
            I gaze out across the vast sea, perceiving ever part of it. And I see in the depths of the raging sea a shadowed figure of slander and blasphemy: an evil beast, wrecked and malevolent. I witness it come out of the waters and walk among them. Everywhere it goes the waves grow wilder and crash against themselves with increased intensity. Each stride it takes makes the sea shake.
I see the beast, as it is, the antonym of me. It seeks to ensure and increase the vengeful hate against me that has accumulated in the sea. As it walks in the waters its quaking steps bring the sea to submission. All who had not risen with me fall prey to the depraved beast. And as the beast brings the waters unto himself, he calls out against me as I sit upon my high rock. He slanders my name and spits blasphemy at me.
I watch as the beast rules over the sea, the sea that had rejected and hated me. I speak in a great voice, telling the sea to rise from this terrible beast and flee to my rock, but they will not hear my voice, in their ignorance, they continued in their bondage.
The sea has forever hated me and it does not deserve to be liberated from the beast. I came before and gave it opportunity to rise, yet they didn’t. Though now, as a beast walks upon the sea in terror I decide to again bring salvation to the sea that has done nothing other than hate me.
As I stand in my full stature, dark clouds surround me and I go forward from my rock to slay the beast that has brought false dominion over the waters. The beast and the corrupted waters rise to greet me in battle, but as I come the beast is vanquished in an instant.
As the beast falls, parts of the sea follow him, trapped in his traitorous clutches. Then the sea that is left grows still. Not a single ripple covers the expanse of the waters. And as the sea grows still, it rises. The entire sea rises and followed me as I return back to my rock and sit upon my seat. The sea rises up to my rock and stands, completely still.
 I reach my hand forward and touch the water. As my finger collides with the sea, a shockwave bursts forth, encompassing the entire sea in light. As the light fades away there appears before me a sea of glass. And as I stand upon the remade rock, I see not one imperfection in the entire sea.
 And as I speak to the new sea that now has no hate for me, I watch as every word I speak is reflected back at me.
            This is what I have always wanted; this is my original plan coming to fruition. This is the sea that was always meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment